La Paloma Amelanchier
La Paloma features long trailing cascades of white flowers in early spring.
The blossom is followed by large leaves which emerge coppery-green before turning pale green over the summer. In autumn they take on orange and red tints.
La Paloma amelanchier trees for sale
Sorry we have not produced any trees of this variety this season.
How to grow
Like most Amelanchiers, La Paloma prefers neutral or slightly acidic conditions.
La Paloma is a modern Amelanchier, raised in the Netherlands in the 1990s.
La Paloma characteristics
- Gardening skillBeginner
- AwardsRHS AGM (current) - 2012
- Attractive featuresAttractive flowersAutumn foliage colour
- Growth habitUpright-spreading / Vase
- Height after 10 years2.5m-3.5m / 8ft-12ft
- Site conditionsOccasional flooding
- Flower colourWhite
- Flowering monthApril
- Leaf colourGreen
- Leaf colour - autumnOrange / Red
- Leaf/Flower sequenceFlowers appear first
- Country of originNetherlands
- Annual cycleDeciduous