Star Wars Magnolia
Star Wars features some of the longest-lasting flowers of any Magnolia, starting in late March and often continuing for a month.
The elegant flowers are a dusky pink colour. A characteristic of this variety is that the flowers point in several directions.
Star Wars magnolia trees for sale
Sorry we have not produced any trees of this variety this season.
How to grow
For best results plant in well-drained soil in a sheltered position. In good conditions Star Wars will start flowering from a relatively young age.
Star Wars was developed in New Zealand in the 1970s by Oswald Blumhardt.
Star Wars characteristics
- Gardening skillBeginner
- AwardsRHS AGM (current) - 2002
- Attractive featuresAttractive flowersScented flowers
- Growth habitUpright
- Height after 10 years3m-5m / 10ft-16ft
- SunlightPrefers full sun
- PruningDo not prune
- Site conditionsSheltered siteFree-draining site
- Flower colourPink - dark
- Flowering monthApril
- Leaf colourGreen
- Leaf colour - autumnGreen
- Leaf/Flower sequenceFlowers appear first
- Country of originNew Zealand
- Annual cycleDeciduous