Acacia dealbata is a fast-growing evergreen tree. The main feature is the grey-green evergreen feathery foliage, which offset the cascades of scented yellow flowers in early spring.
Acacia dealbata acacia for sale
How to grow
Acacia dealbata does best in full-sun, but is reasonably cold-hardy in typical UK conditions. It is a good choice for poor soils, provided they are well-drained.
Acacia dealbata is also known as the Silver Wattle or Mimosa, and is native to south-eastern Australia.
Acacia dealbata characteristics
- Gardening skillAverage
- AwardsRHS Award of Garden Merit
- Attractive featuresAttractive flowersAttractive foliageScented flowersWinter colour
- Growth habitUpright
- Height after 10 years3m-5m / 10ft-16ft
- SunlightPrefers full sun
- PruningLight prune
- Growth rateFast
- Site conditionsSheltered siteFree-draining site
- Flower colourYellow
- Flowering monthApril
- Leaf colourGrey-green
- Country of originAustralia
- Annual cycleEvergreen