Lemon Drop is named for the bright yellow fruitlets which persist well into autumn, and hang on arching branches.
Lemon Drop has white undersides to its leaves, a characteristic of whitebeams.
Lemon Drop whitebeam trees for sale
Deliveries from 8th December onwards (where items shown in stock).
Lemon Drop characteristics
- Gardening skillBeginner
- Attractive featuresAttractive fruitAttractive foliageAutumn foliage colour
- Growth habitUpright-spreading
- Height after 10 years3m-5m / 10ft-16ft
- PruningLight prune
- Site conditionsCoastal siteOccasional flooding
- Flower colourWhite
- Flowering monthMayJune
- Leaf colourGrey-green
- Leaf colour - autumnMultiple tints
- Fruit colourYellow
- Fruit persistencePersistent
- Country of originUnited Kingdom
- WildlifeAttractive to birds
- Annual cycleDeciduous
What will it look like?
Illustrative example of a pot-grown tree of this variety as supplied.
Approximate girth: 6/8cm.
Trees should reach their mature height after about 10 or more years.
How to choose a Rowan or Whitebeam tree
We list more than 50 Sorbus (rowan and whitebeam) trees. Choosing can be difficult! Our article explaining the different berry and leaf colours might help narrow down the selection.