Phoenix Acer x conspicuum
Phoenix is a small maple tree, which often grows as a large bush.
It is at its best in winter, when the distinctive bright coral-red striated bark provides a welcome splash of colour.
Phoenix maple trees for sale
Sorry we have not produced any trees of this variety this season.
How to grow
Like other examples of the species Acer x conspicuum, Phoenix is best planted in a sheltered location, out of the wind.
Phoenix is a good example of the attractive hybrid maple species Acer x conspicuum. It was developed from the first example of Acer x conspicuum, 'Silver Vein', raised in the 1960s. A common feature is the attractive bark colours and textures.
- Gardening skillBeginner
- Attractive featuresAttractive barkAttractive foliageAutumn foliage colourVariegated foliageWinter colour
- Growth habitUpright-spreading / Vase
- Height after 10 years2.5m-3.5m / 8ft-12ft
- SunlightPrefers full sun
- PruningDo not prune
- Growth rateSlow
- Site conditionsSheltered siteOccasional droughtFree-draining site
- Leaf colourGreen
- Leaf colour - autumnYellow
- BarkStriated - red
- Annual cycleDeciduous