Princess Margaret Magnolia
Princess Margaret is an early-flowering Magnolia, featuring large mauve-pink flowers.
Princess Margaret magnolia trees for sale
Sorry we have not produced any trees of this variety this season.
How to grow
To avoid damage to the flowers plant in a sheltered position.
Magnolias are a primitive genus, and this can be seen in the way the inner petals and outer protective sepals of the flower are undifferentiated. Magnolias are therefore usually considered to have tepals, rather than separate petals and sepals. The relative lack of protection for the flower is one of the reasons that all Magnolias do best in sheltered situations.
Princess Margaret is a seedling of Magnolia campbellii 'Alba' crossed with Magnolia sargentiana and was raised on the royal estate at Windsor in the 1950s.
Princess Margaret characteristics
- Gardening skillBeginner
- Attractive featuresAttractive flowers
- Growth habitUpright-spreading / Vase
- Height after 10 years3m-5m / 10ft-16ft
- PruningLight prune
- Growth rateFast
- Site conditionsSheltered siteFree-draining site
- Flower colourPink
- Flower formSemi-double flower (10-20 petals)
- Flowering monthApril
- Leaf colourGreen
- Leaf/Flower sequenceFlowers appear first
- Country of originUnited Kingdom
- Annual cycleDeciduous